Friday, January 04, 2008

Random Updates

Writers' strike = off time for actors.

Jay Leno got some flak for resuming his talk show using his own scripts ... the issue is that Leno is a member of the writers' guild and therefore shouldn't be writing. Doesn't matter if he's writing for his own show. Rules are rules.

Matthew Gubler and friends made use of their spare time digging up footage and finally posted a new "unauthorized documentary" on YouTube.

It's the first of "Season 2". Can't wait for more. Love Gubler for his sense of humor. Hoping he gets more and better projects, not only in acting - but in other aspects of the business. He has already directed a music video for a rock band. He has promise: his film projects in college are good, and considered noteworthy by his school ... although his stuff, if you find them on YouTube, leaned towards the bizaare.

Hate it that Studio23 isn't showing new episodes of Criminal Minds yet. I keep tuning in every Friday at 9:30PM, hoping to see an episode I haven't seen before. No such luck. At least they're not showing the same episode two weeks in a row ... which is what C/S is doing with Heroes Season 2. Aargh!!!

Was asleep on the bus ride home, as always. Still, the following entertainment news registered ... Jennylyn Mercado is 6 weeks pregnant with Patrick de Guzman's baby. Well, at least she's already 20 and not 16 like Jamie Lyn Spears. Speaking of Spears .... saw Britney on TV laid out on a gurney, rushed to the hospital for OD. Oh yeah, it's not all the time that I use words that rhyme, if I keep this up someone would accuse me of committing a crime.

I logged onto YouTube to see the amusing shibashi video by Sr. Mary John Mananzan. Saw this in my subscription box:

That would be the Marc Blackwell that everyone in LG.org is familiar with, plugging his photography business. He could do better in my opinion... he rarely looks at the camera in this clip. What I find amusing is that the fangirls at LG.org have now added his voice to their discussion. Tired of discussing Lucas' boxers, socks, tongue/teeth and his other body parts ... the girls have lately ventured onto discussing Marc's facial hair. When I first saw that thread, I found it creepy yet hilarious at the same time.

Hopefully Marc doesn't get stalked. When Billy Boyd's website still had a forum, his friend and the web administrator then, "Steelso", had a creepy experience of one fangirl actually stalking him. Dunno if the girl already lived in Scotland, or if she lived in another country and just went there to see him. I really don't know the details.

Ah, bb.net. I miss that forum. Of all message boards related to the Lord of the Rings movies, bb.net was the friendliest, which is why I hung out there a lot. LG.org is close ... but I easily get tired of Lucas talk, and most members are tweens. In bb.net, members range from 10 to 40. I usually hung around threads that discuss LOTR and anything about Middle Earth. I participated more in threads that talk about other stuff not related to Billy Boyd or LOTR though. The bb.net forum closed shortly after the last LOTR movie came out. The members created substitute forums, and I joined a couple of them. The atmosphere weren't the same as the original however, so I stopped logging onto those forums.

Back to the clip... Marc mentions that Lucas will work on his own project, "Beauregard", after "Lock and Roll Forever". Speaking of Lucas... an RSS feed alerted me to the new, official website of the independent film he shot: The Adventures of Foodboy.

On another HSM star: Vanessa Hudgens is on Seventeen's February issue ... AND she consents to talk about the unfortunate nude pictures incident.

HSM3 will start filming soon. Wonder what the movie will be like. When it comes to musicals though, what I'm really looking forward to is the movie adaptation of the play Mama Mia! ABBA may have been popular during my sister's "time" (she's 20 yrs. older), but I still like their music.

Another movie I'm looking forward to is Hancock. It's a comedy about a superhero in crisis. Starring one of my favorite actors: Will Smith. I know I'll enjoy this movie because Will Smith is in it. I was already watching this guy when he was just the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)