Monday, October 08, 2007

Breaking Benjamin

Music Video: Breaking Benjamin - Breath



Been looking up the YouTube sites of music labels and after surfing through Sony/BMG and Atlantic records this weekend, I'm now moving through the videos in hollywoodrecords. The latest posts are mostly by Disney artists (current or ex): Aly and AJ, Corbin Bleu, Hillary Duff, Vanessa Hudgens and the group that first caught my attention when they sang the theme song for "American Dragon: Jake Long" - the Jonas Brothers (I thought they were cool, just had no idea they'd soon be very popular with the tween/teen set).

In between there's Breaking Benjamin. I like the music. I just don't dig the vocals much. It's a mix between singing and shouting. It works with some artists ... but with the two videos from Breaking Benjamin that I've seen so far, they have to work a bit more on timing when to shout. Oh wait, they've been around since 2001 and "Breath" actually topped Billboard at one time. I guess a lot of people like that style. So why change it?

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)