Sunday, September 30, 2007

Gotta Go My Own Way



I've watched High School Musical 2 three times now. This time though, I try to tap out the melody of some songs on the piano ... had luck with the chorus parts only.

One song I'd really like to be able to play is "Gotta Go My Own Way". Really love the piano work on that one (and I think there's a guitar in there too). Probably will be on the look-out for a lyric sheet with chords. Why not music sheet with notes? I only reached around 2nd grade in my piano studies (my piano teacher died and I didn't want to change teachers because it meant repeating from grade 1). When I did decide to learn further on my own, I focused on the chords. Ergo, I got used to just knowing the chords and improvising on the fingerwork that's why. You would think I won't have a problem learning the guitar ... wrong ... I had more luck figuring out the ukelele chords on my own (but I play rock songs on the ukelele not hawaiian songs, hahahah!).

Below is Nikki Gil's version of the song. Had a hard time finding a clean video on the net.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)