Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blogging about Lucas

I have to admit I enjoy High School Musical. I almost didn't see it ... simply because I hated being told by a huge disney marketing campaign to watch it. anyway ... I caught it the second time it was shown and understood why kids love it.

Which is why I watched the sequel the first time it was shown in Asia.

I love the Evans twins. I love them both in High School Musical, and love Ashley's Sharpay in the second one even more. It was Clueless meets Legally Blonde. Favorite scene? "Drummer, give me a beat" ... then Sharpay sashays out of the rehearsal room. Favorite song? Fabulous.

Ryan had an interesting "arc" ... but at the end of HSM2, he has stepped too far away from the Ryan that I found hilarious in the first movie, that I couldn't say he's still a favorite character.

I still love Lucas Grabeel though. Ha ha ha! Three reasons why: he can sing/dance/act (all around guy - that's impressive), he's played a spectrum of characters from villain to heartthrob to effeminate drama king (he can switch roles easily - brands him a real actor to me), and he's not as hugely popular as Zac Efron (makes him an underdog, which means it would be interesting to watch how much farther his career will go until he becomes really famous). Let's add two more reasons: He's cute and funny.

A gauge to measure a celebrity's popularity is seeing how much people are talking about him on messageboards and blogs. This morning, I decided to look up people blogging about Grabeel.

So why am I blogging now?

Lucas' best friend Marc Blackwell keeps a blog. He has mentioned sometime last April about getting prank messages or calls on his cellphone. Guess what I found this morning? Someone blogging about a friend knowing some girls who managed to get hold of Lucas's roommate's number and leaving messages but not having the guts to answer the return calls.

Freaking hilarious! I just found out where some of those prank callers are. Ofcourse, the blogger was writing last August 2006 and it may not be Marc's number they were calling.

--------
Added on 22-Sep-2007:

Checked out Smallville bloggers talking about the "Reunion" episode of the said TV show where Grabeel plays young Lex Luthor. They seem to agree that it was good casting as Grabeel acted/moved like the older Luthor as portrayed by Rosenbaum. It's actually refreshing to read someone blogging about Lucas without the "OMG he is hot!!!" phrase typed all over the page.

Below is someone's clip on YouTube on the flashback part:


Comments on the video were mostly from disney fans who I just realized live in a totally different world because 1) they found the clip hard to watch and 2) they can't get over Lucas cursing and being violent. Crazies, at some level.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)