Friday, November 30, 2007

Waiting for "The Echo"

Not really a fan of horror movies. But when a Filipino movie gets picked up to be remade in the US, and they decide to retain the Filipino director as well as the beautiful Iza Calzado, I take notice.

Been following up the progress of the movie through Yam Laranas' blog: http://yamlaranas.blogspot.com/

They're done with principal photography and editing. Now they're moving on to the soundtrack.

Will I watch this movie in theaters? Probably not. I'll probably do what I did with The Ring, Sixth Sense and similar movies - rent the DVD.

I'll still be damn interested with how much success and exposure Yam and Iza will get if this film turns out to be good and let's not forget - popular - with the American audience.

So far, our movies just gain recognition in film fests. Nice if you're collecting kudos, but let's face it - they're not earning dollars much, are they?

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)