Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Rockstar: INXS
Week Two: Performance Night
(Cable TV)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comNetwork:Star World (Asia)
Episode Five:July 20, 2005
Genre:Reality/Music Show
Time Slot:Wednesday 9:30 a.m.;
Rerun at 9:30 p.m.

In the first episode, I thought Marty was one shy guy... but, based on what he did tonight - apparently not.

Suzie didn't look like a gypsy, thank Ellie Mae. Her version of Police's "Roxanne" is forgettable though.

MiG didn't wreck "Walk This Way", and I thought he did well - then again, I don't know all the lyrics to that song as well so I can't judge. He fell flat on his back in relief when the song was over and that probably earned him "cute" points among the ladies.

The train wreck happened when Neal stepped out to do Bryan Adams' "Summer of 69". He decided to use his guitar, but I don't think Gibson appreciates that because for most of the number, this Mick Jagger clone was off key. It was a pain watching him. Really.

I missed JD's encore-worthy "California Dreaming", but tonight's "Hand in My Pocket" was also great - he totally transformed the song. He could be asked to sing an encore of this too. He's definitely on top of the list of "most likely to win". He gets complimented ofcourse, but totally ruins the moment by saying that he's known and loved INXS songs growing up while the other hopefuls are still learning the songs.

As I expected, Deanna's "un-love" for "The One I Love" definitely showed in her performance and she just managed to get through it without murdering the song the way Neal murdered "Summer of 69".

Brandon sang Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama", another song I like. He just sang it the way it was supposed to be sung, and he put his guitar to good use. Only thing that bugged me was him going barefoot on stage. This guy's really coming across as country rock.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)