Sunday, November 30, 2008

Movie: Twilight

Twilight
Studios: Summit Entertainment, LLC
Release: November 21, 2008
Genre: Drama, Romance, Thriller, Adaptation and Teen
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some violence and a scene of sensuality.
Website: http://www.twilightthemovie.com/
My Yahoo! Movies Rating:
Overall Grade: C+
Story: C
Acting C+
Direction: B-
Visuals: C+

Basically a teen drama movie

I did not read the books. You'd think I would have since I enjoy reading juvenile literature like Harry Potter, adored the first 3 books of Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles, and am a fan of the short-lived TV series "Kindred: the Embraced". I did not read Meyer's books simply because everyone else seems to be doing so.

I just waited for the movie and dragged my friend who has a crush on Pattinson to see it... thinking that if I liked it, I'd buy the book.

The first half is a sleep inducing drag, full of teen angst. I would think that had I been immortal, I would engage in much more interesting activities than matriculating. And if I was Edward Cullen, who's stuck with a teenager's body, I would find falling in love with a mortal teen a cradle-snatching act.

The action finally came in the second half of the movie, but the movie was over even before I got warmed up.

My verdict is that either this movie sucks compared to the book, or the book itself sucks.

I'm still not interested in buying myself a copy of the book.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)