Monday, August 16, 2004

TV Series: Mulawin

Image hosted by Photobucket.comNetwork:GMA
First Run:August 2004 - March 2005
Genre:Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Drama
Time Slot:Weeknights
The show premiered about two or three weeks ago, and I keep hearing GMA actors/celebrities gush about the show. A friend said it is relatively good, and that the story is fast-paced compared to other Filipino TV series. I made a point to watch it today. The show has promise, and I like it better than ABS CBN's Marina. This is like reading an epic fantasy novel compared to a fairy tale - which is what Marina is. I do not know if there are enough people like me who enjoy epic fantasies to keep this show alive - but I'm hoping.

Some people say the special effects aren't good. I agree with this, but I feel sorry for people whose enjoyment relies solely on special effects. I happen to think the story line more than makes up for the special effects. I just hope the story does not degenerate in future episodes. I have seen some Filipino series where the pilot episode is well written, only to fall out of love with the show when later episodes have stupid story lines.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)