Monday, July 14, 2008

Gossip and gossip blogs

Was looking up the RSS feeds of some gossip blogs and saw something interesting.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Someone supposedly hacked into Miley Cyrus' e-mail account and got hold of the pictures she sent to Nick Jonas (I'm supposing it's from the "sent" folder). Perez Hilton has posted two of the pictures on his site ... one of them with Miley wearing a shirt and taking a shower. It's the wet t-shirt look she's aiming for I guess. She wears absolutely nothing under the white t-shirt. Perez Hilton could not confirm if they're real photos (not photoshopped). The link to the post HERE. Interesting... I think Vanessa Hudgens was also around 15 when she photographed herself wearing undies (or less).

----------*-----------*----------

PerezHilton has improved over the years. He's become smart about keeping himself out of lawsuits - without losing the edge. Plus: he's accumulated enough celebrity fans to make his birthday a fundraiser. Andddd.... he's finally decided to stick to one user friendly layout ... there was a time when he changed website layouts weekly.

Another blog I like visiting is Just Jared. He's almost as fast as Perez Hilton on dishing out the news but he stays on the safe side (Perez tends to add mean comments). I think he tends to look for pictures or videos first then post them with accompanying remarks.

I also look up local gossip blogs.

Chikatime was one of them till they closed down July 4. I think some pissed off socialite threatened them. Gonna miss that site. Admittedly, they were a bit mean when attacking people, and they probably got meaner as they gained popularity, but I find their articles very informative. I don't watch local TV gossip shows anymore, so I get my weekly dose from them. They keep tabs on celebrities and socialites ... with some of the people mentioned I have never even heard of prior to being featured in their posts (usually the latter kind since middle class me definitely does not move among their crowd).

Chuvachienes is still up, though. They just have the annoying ads that keep popping up. Also, they stay on the safe side.

I guess the fearless gossip blogs left are those maintained by people living outside of the Philippines.

Brian Gorrell's blog, which started out as an expose on Delfin Justiniano "DJ" Montano, has now morphed into a gossip blog about the supposed shenanigans of certain high society personalities. He was living in Australia early this year, but now he's tapping his posts from Canada.

Encouraged by other bloggers, Kitty Go has started her own blog early this year. "When Chic Hits the Fan...Chic Happens" is a commentary on Manila's social climbers, and is delightful to read. Ms. Go lives in Hong Kong.

If you regularly read those blogs, they'll point you to other similarly entertaining sites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Chikatime was one of them till they closed down July 4. I think some pissed off socialite threatened them."

That "pissed off socialite" was Janthina Fong. Makes sense considering Chikatime only shut down soon after they wrote about her spoiled, superficial behavior.

Unknown said...

So a friend googled me and found this blog entry. I'm sorry to say that I was not the person who discovered the identity of the person behind Chikatime..though it is probably clear today how that whole situation unraveled since the site's proprietor has been exposed.

However, I have never written into the website, interacted with its owner, and I have no connection to it other than being written about without my consent.

I hope you'll take down the anonymous comment above because though this happened some time in the past, it is entirely untrue. I would prefer not to have to explain myself to future prospective employers who might come across this on a search engine.

Your cooperation would be much appreciated. I'm sure you can understand my predicament. Thank you. :)

Best,
Janthina

Anonymous said...

Janthina is so powerful. She closed down the site.

Current Top Five (Movies)