Sunday, July 15, 2007

DVD Movie: The Producers

The Producers
Studio:Universal Pictures
Release:December 16, 2005
Genre:Comedy
MPAA Rating:PG-13 for sexual humor and references.

My Yahoo! Movies Rating:
Overall Grade:B+
Story:B
ActingB+
Direction:B
Visuals:A

I bought the DVD since watching this movie is the closest I'll ever get to watching the hit musical.

The story, although it has a good premise, isn't that outstanding. The characters are hilarious. Since I already knew about Natan Lane and Matthew Broderick's competency in pulling off singing, dancing and acting, it was Will Ferrell's participation in the movie that was a revelation to me. Not only was he uber funny, he actually sings a song that easily got stuck in my head even hours after watching the movie.

I have to admit, watching the movie after the outtakes, deleted scenes and the commentary made the movie much more funnier than watching the movie alone. This is one of those cases where the bonus materials in the DVD made watching the movie more satisfying.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)