Saturday, April 07, 2007

Movie: Stomp the Yard

Stomp the YardStudio:Screen Gems
Release:January 12, 2007
Genre:Drama, Musical/Performing Arts and Teen
MPAA Rating:PG-13 for a scene of violence, some sexual material and language.


I enjoyed the first Bring It On (2000) movie as well as Drumline (2002) when I saw them on cable. So, I just knew I would enjoy this movie.

It won't be for the story ofcourse. All three have similar plots: a school team trying to wrest the top title from the defending champion in a competition, a misfit joins the underdog team, misfit learns teamwork while at the same time teaches the team new tricks, misfit finds love which complicate things, someone from the other team steals the routine, a final showdown between the two teams.

It's watching the routine that gets my adrenaline pumping. And stomping is REALLY cool. It combines a bit of cheerdancing with the body providing the beat instead of drums.

I don't care if critics hate this movie. I wouldn't mind watching this again if it ever gets shown on cable.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)