Friday, September 02, 2005

Movie: The Dukes of Hazzard

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingDistributor:Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution
Release:August 5, 2005
Genre:Action/Adventure, Comedy and Adaptation
MPAA Rating:PG-13 for Sexual Content, Crude and Drug-Related Humor, Language and Comic Action Violence


I remember little of the TV series that inspired the creation of this movie ... I was too young to make sense of what I was seeing on TV although I do know that the episodes always involve two young guys who drive a fast car and are always getting in trouble. The series probably ran during the 1980s ... old enough for one of those guys to play Clark Kent's dad on TV's Smallville these days.

I don't know if they intended to make this a parody the way Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson made the Starsky and Hutch movie. It does have Sean William Scott, which I first noticed in the American Pie movies, and his character in this movie is definitely a funny, wild one. It's got Jessica Simpson playing the blond bombshell and wearing sexy outfits which is probably the only reason some boys would watch this movie.

Is the movie funny? It has funny moments, but not enough to have me rolling on the floor.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)