Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Movie: Constantine

Image hosted by Photobucket.comDistributor:Warner Bros.
Release:February 18, 2005
Genre:Action/Adventure
Suspense/Horror and Thriller
MPAA Rating:R
for violence and demonic images


The movie opened about 2 weeks ago, so was glad it was still showing at cinemas.

It's a dark movie, but has some funny lines and/or moments. Am not familiar with the comic book series the story was based on, so I don't know if the character was played right by Reeves.

I say I did enjoy it from beginning to end, but it is not the type of movie I would remember as I would Matrix. It just did not raise the type of questions/speculations that the Matrix did when I stepped out of the movie house.
The one thing I liked about this movie?

Gabriel!
Tilda Swinton did a cool job with it.

:-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ofcourse, some folk wouldn't like the idea of Gabriel being portrayed as an androgyne by a woman. I don't have a problem with it, though. They made Satan gay, too, but the effect wasn't as cool as Swinton's take on Gabriel.

With the concepts of hell, going to hell because of suicide, exorcism, use of medals ... I would say a Catholic would have no problem understanding this movie. I do wonder ... in a protestant, even agnostic society like Hollywood, how is it that when the movie theme touches on religion, the writers inevitably fall back on the props readily provided by Catholicism

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)