Sunday, March 28, 2004

Movie: 50 First Dates

Image hosted by Photobucket.comDistributor:Columbia Pictures
Release:February 13, 2004
Genre:Comedy and Romance
MPAA Rating:PG-13
for crude sexual humor and drug references
Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore were cute in The Wedding Singer. The chemistry worked well then and I bet other people, like me, went to see this movie expecting the same brand of comedy seen in Wedding Singer. I wasn't disappointed.

I had a lot of laughs, and the romance-laden moments were the ones that keep this movie different from other silly comedies. Yes, it is silly - and sometimes gross (after all, it is an Adam Sandler movie). Sandler's buddy, Rob Schneider, provides that part of the movie. After movies like Lord of the Rings, I am surprised to see Sean Astin play a retarded bully in this movie. I have no idea what direction Astin wants, really.

This is one movie I'd watch again if they show it on cable. Will probably buy the VCD if it goes on sale.

No comments:

Current Top Five (Movies)